For more information on Profile Publish Access view the Profile Publish Access Help Topic
Note: The steps below will temporarily enable all users to remove themselves from the directory if the Publish to Directories task is enabled in the All School role, so you should complete the next set of steps immediately after updating the test user's privacy settings, then immediately unmark the Allow users to remove their name from the online directory option again, if applicable.
To hide a user from the directory:
- Navigate to Core
- Select Security > Profile access
- Choose Profile Publish Access
- Click Edit
- Mark "Allow users to remove their name from the online directory."
- Then, click Save in the upper-right hand corner
- Navigate to Core > People Finder > [user]
- Settings tab > mark Do not include my name or any information about me in the directory
- Select Security > Profile Access again
- Profile Publish Access > Edit
- Un-Mark the "Allow users to remove their name from the online directory." box
- Lastly, click Save