We have created an easy program for you to run to copy your Live database to your Test and Learn database. For many Clients, this is already on your server desktop. It is usually named "Copy Live to Demo/Test". All you need to do is to log onto your server and run the program. For those who do not already have this program or wish to make sure it is set up correctly, the following steps will guide you though the set up process.
- Open the folder npo\found\FIMS.
- Right click on the file named copytestopen.bat and select Send to > Desktop.This will create a shortcut on your server desktop.
- Right click on the shortcut and select Properties.
- Copy the following text into the following fields.
- Target: C:\npo\found\FIMS\copytestopen.bat C:\npo\found\dbfiles\found C:\npo\demo\dbfiles\found C:\npo\dlc
- Start in: C:\npo\found\FIMS
- The path "C:\" here is just an example. You path may have a different drive letter or npo may be inside another folder. Update your drive path to correctly point to where FIMS is installed.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Double click the icon to run the program. The process will take a few minutes and automatically close when it is finished.
- If the program pauses and asks for a "y or n", then type y and hit return.
If you have problems with this process, please contact FIMS Support for further assistance.