Before continuing ensure the exported file meets the following requirements:
- Only individual records can be included
- Exclude Deceased records
- Exclude records where the Home address is either blank or a foreign address
- PO Boxes can be included however return lower results. Include physical address for better returns.
How to create the export from a Non-Raiser's Edge Database
- Create a file that meets the requirements set forth in the attached sample file.
- Save the file in a Tab Delimited Format
- Note: After saving the file as a .txt document DO NOT open it again. Excel could remove leading 0's from Zip Codes or Unique ID's.
- Upload the file to Blackbaud's FTP folder. (Do NOT place the file in any folders within your FTP folder. Just upload directly in the FTP)
- Email your Project Coordinator with the:
- File Name
- The user that uploaded the file to FTP
- Download, install, and run the RE Export wizard as detailed in How to Download and Install the Export Wizard for a Target Analytics Project
- Contact your Project Coordinator and an appointment will be set up with a Data Specialist. The data specialist will pull the information needed from The Raiser's Edge.