This is being thrown because you are logging into GIFTS without a password. To correct this, simply set a password
Note: you will need access to the Administrator module to perform the following steps. If you do not have access, please contact your GIFTS administrator, as they would be able to assist.
1. Launch Administrator module
2. Click Options in your toolbar
3. Click Change Password
4. Under Old Password, leave the field blank (you have no current password)
5. Enter your new password as prompted.
6. Close Administrator and log out of GIFTS.
7. You will need to log in with your password in order to be able to perform the verification