If you are using segment mappings, an alternative solution would be to create specific designations that are only used Online. You could then map these designations to the desired account number. If you are not using segment mappings, we will not be able to map this designation to a specific account.
Step 1: Create a Designation to be used for Online Sales.
- We can reference the following article to do this: I need to add a new designation.
Step 2: Map this Designation to the desire Account Number. Please note the steps below may vary based on how your organization has configured the GL.
- From Administration, Click General Ledger Setup
- Click Define Segment Mappings
- Note - If this area is blank, your organization is not using segment mappings and will not be able to map these designations to specific accounts.
- Click the first segment that is calculated using only Designation
- Click the arrow to the left of the designation, Click Edit
- Enter the appropriate Segment Value
- Click Save
- Click the next segment that is calculated using Designation
- Click Add
- Enter a Name
- Search and select the appropriate Segment Value
- Search and select the Designation
- Enter <Not Used> for all other segments
- Click Save
- Continue the steps in Step 4 for each segment that is calculated using Designation