To Update the Marking Periods:
- Navigate to Academics > Grades > Grading Setup
- Select the Gradebook Settings tab
- Select the Edit icon for the appropriate Marking Period
- Update the Marking Period Name to reflect the new Marking Period name and update the End Date to reflect when the period should end
- Keep in Mind: Marking Periods can not overlap each other or extend past the Term dates for each School Level
- Select Save & Exit
- Repeat this process with all existing marking periods
- Select Add Marking Period
- Add in all required fields (Required fields are noted with an *)
- Set the Start Date to be after the existing marking periods
- Set the appropriate End Date
- Set appropriate Grade access for each role
- Select Save
Adjust Teacher's Gradebooks to Reflect Changes:
- Navigate to Classes > [Name of the class to be updated]
- Select the Gradebook Tab
- Edit into any assignment by clicking on the ellipsis (...) below the assignment and select "Edit Assignment Settings"
- Select Save
Note: Teachers will need to update their Grade Book Settings by setting a Calculation Method and including all necessary Assignment Types. If any weights are being used, they can be copied from the previous marking period.
Another thing to keep in mind is if you have any Grading Formulas associated to Grade Book Cumulative grades they would need to be adjusted in onRecord to pull from the correct Grade Book.