1. Look at the settings in Setup DC Upload. On the ini file line, if only the file name is listed then add the full path. For example: N:\found\configfiles\fimsnt.ini
2. Relative paths do not always work when using UNC paths. Check and make sure that the FIMS shortcut does not have a start in path with the UNC "\\cfgcfiles\npo\found\fims" path. If this is changed to n:\found\fims it should work.
3. Another reason this can occur is that the tempfiles were not created. In Progress 10, FIMS makes a call to ...\eadvisor\prog10\MicroEdge.Fims.DonorCentral.exe. passing get suggestion <path and filename to FIMS usuable json file> [optional path and filename to DC original json]. There could be a problem with the system running the exe. You will need to verify on the workstation where the suggestions are being imported that they may have an incorrect or no path to ...\found\eadvisor in the user options.
4. Additionally, this can occur if the workstation does not have the proper .Net version installed. The way to test this is to use cmd, cd to the ...\eadvisor\prog10 folder and type MicroEdge.Fims.DonorCentral.exe get suggestion fims.json dc.json
- Additionally, go to Tools | System Utilities | DonorCentral | DonorCentral Upload Setup. Click save which makes sure that the programs in eadvisor\Prog10 are up to date.
- After that you may see a prompt that .Net 4.5.2 needs to be installed, install .Net then re-open suggestion import, now there should be no errors and all suggestions should appear.
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, try the following:
To fix these errors complete the following:
1. Go to Tools\System Utilities\DonorCentral\DonorCentral Options\Preferences tab\Suggestions Section\Debug_Logging
2. Change the Debug_Logging value to Yes and save.
3. Run to retrieve the selections
4. Look in the tempfiles folder for the most recent sc_*.json file
5. Use Notepad to open the file
6. Go to Tools\System Utilities\Run Procedure\>GUI\EADVISOR\D-ImportSCJson.w
7. Browse to the edit file then Import it. If there are errors then it wasn't edited correctly or enough. If no errors then it imported.
8. Go to Donor Central Suggestion Import and decline the records that had an issue. If you would like to keep the records: In versions 14.4x and 14.50 you will need to create applications, approve and post them for the errors to go away. In the mean time new suggestions may have been created with the same error so you will need to go through steps 1-8 again.
Note: Upon upgrading to Progress 11, the exe workaround will not be needed.