As an alternative, the network user referenced in the error can be added as a user in SQL to resolve the issue. The user can be added by following these steps:
- Log into SQL Server Management Studio
- Expand the Security tree then expand the Logins tree
- Is the network user in the listed as a user?
- If not, right click and select New login. For Login name provide the username from the error. Under Server Roles grant public, securityadmin, and sysadmin. Press OK
- If so, find the user in the list of users and click on Properties > Server Roles. Grant the same roles as in 3.1
- Recycle the REWS app pool.
- Verify the issue is resolved.