- The gift status field on a Pledge is added when the RE:EFT module is present. If the RE:EFT module is not present, then the gift status field is present only on recurring gifts.
- The gift status field is important using the RE:EFT module. The gift status must be set to Active on the recurring gift/pledge in order to automatically generate transactions/payments in Batch.
To change the gift status:
- Open the recurring gift or pledge record (not a payment record with "pay-cash" in the Gift Type field)
- Select the desired gift status
- Click Save and Close
The four status values and what they mean are:
- Active means that the program can generate cash gift records and apply payments to the recurring gift/pledge.
- Held means the recurring gift/pledge is temporarily inactive. This status is handy to denote when a donor decides need to hold, or pause, their support temporarily due to personal or financial causes. In this status, you cannot apply payments or generate transactions towards that recurring gift/pledge.
- Terminated means that the recurring gift/pledge was ended but it did not complete as expected. For example, if a donor continually misses payments, provides bad credit card info, and/or has direct debits that bounce and your organization decides to stop accepting donations from them, or the donor contacts you to stop support before the full recurring gift/pledge was received. In this status, you cannot apply payments or generate transactions towards that recurring gift/pledge.
- Completed means that the recurring gift/pledge has been fulfilled successfully. For example, a donor has supported your organization on a recurring gift for a while but needs to end/change their support, or a pledge has been paid in full. In this status, you cannot apply payments or generate transactions towards that recurring gift/pledge.