If you're attempting to log into The Raiser's Edge:
Note: If you are receiving this error, and you're using Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or Windows 10 (or any operating system that has User Account Control (UAC) enabled) and are running the Raiser's Edge 7.93 or lower, please upgrade to the latest version of the Raiser's Edge.
On a workstation:
- Search for the file called BBUpdate.ini and rename all instances to BBUpdate.OLD. Attempt to login again.
- Update/repair the workstation
- Make sure the database is online
- Open the Blackbaud Management Console, detach and re-attach the database
- If you have a full version of SQL Server installed, and it is set to use Windows Only authentication, grant the users the necessary SQL Server permissions
Contact your database administrator for assistance. The installation or configuration of SQL Server Standard or Enterprise Edition is beyond our SQL Server Scope of Support
- Determine the port number and protocols being used by SQL Server and verify that the correct port number is opened in any running firewalls
- If updating the workstation does not correct the issue, then update the Deploy information on the server and update the workstation again:
If you're attempting to log into The Financial Edge, The Education Edge or Blackbaud Student Information System:
- Log into the computer using the Windows profile getting the error
- Edit the registry
- Go to HKEY_Current_User\Software\Blackbaud\AFNINI_1
Note: If the error occurs when trying to log into the Sample database, then use: HKEY_Current_User\Software\Blackbaud\AFNINI_50
- Select General
- Right-click UserName and select Modify
- Enter Supervisor as the value
- Click OK
- Exit the Registry
- Log in
- If the issue is still unresolved, complete the Raiser's Edge steps above.
If Blackbaud hosts your database:
Please prepare the information listed below and Contact Support and reference this article.
- A screenshot or the exact wording of the error experienced (if applicable).
- Detailed steps (click by click) to duplicate the issue experienced.