Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
The Duplicate Spouse Delete plug-in searches for duplicate spouse relationship records. The grid is populated with the system relationship_id, system spouse constituent_id, date added, date last changed, and the name of the person that added the record. The user must select a record from the grid to delete. The user also has the option to skip the record if they are not sure which spouse relationship record they would like to delete at this time.
Note: This utility does not delete the duplicate spouse record that is found when the Delete button is selected in the plug-in. It unmarks the Spouse button on one of the two found relationship records (whichever one is highlighted and selected for the Delete button). The user must then go to Records and manually delete the unwanted duplicate record (two will still exist on the record).
To run the plug-in, follow these steps:
- Have all users log out of The Raiser's Edge 7.
- Download the appropriate utility for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- DupeSpouse76.exe: Versions 7.60 - 7.85, 7.92 +
- DupeSpouse75.exe: Version 7.50
- Select the option to Save this program to disk and save the file to the local hard-drive of any Raiser's Edge 7 workstation.
- Double-click the EXE file and when prompted, unzip the files into the \RE7\Plugins folder of the workstation. The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file that contains the plug-in files: DupSpouseDelete.dll , DupSpouseDelete.VBD.
- Register DupSpouseDelete.dll on the workstation.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge 7 and click Plug-Ins in the Raiser's Edge Bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Select Duplicate Spouse Delete
- Follow the prompts