Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- In Administration, click Global Change
- Select Accounts and click New Change
- Select Description,
- Select the appropriate operator:
- To replace a group of unrelated account descriptions with a completely different description, select an operator of Add and mark the Overwrite existing values checkbox
- To replace the description on a group of accounts which have the same description, select Replace as the operator. Enter the existing description in the Replace field and what to replace it with in the With field.
- To replace part of the description on a group of accounts which have the same description, select Partial Replace as the operator. Enter the part of the existing description to change in the Replace field and what to replace it with in the With field.
- Click OK
- Select the Filters tab and filter on the accounts to change
- Preview the changes
- Click Change now
Alternatively, you can replace all of the Account descriptions with the default