For the US version of The Raiser's Edge version 7.80 and up.
1. Click on the Data Health Center module
- Note: Next depending on your version of The Raiser's Edge you may also need to select the Data Health Center tab at the top center of your database to access the main Data Health Center page.
3. General tab
- If you are submitting all records continue to step 3.2. If using a query, click the first Include button > Selected Records. Then select and open the query of constituents whose phone numbers should be included in the export file.
- Note: A query is not always needed. Normally queries are only used when there is a limit to the number of records you are allowed to submit. If you are not sure if you have a submission cap, Chat with Support and ask for your PhoneFinder contract details.
- In the Address to Check frame, ensure that Selected addresses is set. This is defaulted to the preferred address which is recommended.
- In the Phone Type to Use frame, click the drop down and select the Phone Type you would like to export. Only one Phone Type can be selected.
- In the Head of Household processing frame, select Export only constituents marked Head of Household, Export the first constituent found, or Export both constituents separately. It is recommended to leave this defaulted to Export both constituents separately.
- Mark the appropriate check boxes in the Include these Constituents frame. You can choose to include Inactive constituents, Deceased constituents, and Constituents with no valid address.
- Mark Create control report to get a report of the records that are submitted. Set it to preview.
- Mark Create exception query to generate an exception file at the end of the submission. The file contains all fields the program did not successfully export.
- Mark Create an output query to create a query of all records submitted.
- In the PhoneFinder Processing frame mark Verify phone numbers.
- Note: Disregard the Return 'Do Not Call' information checkbox. PhoneFinder no longer provides the Do Not Call designation on records. There is no need to mark this checkbox.
- Enter your name in the Your Name field.
- Enter your phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Enter your email address in the Email Address field.
- Review the information to confirm your selections are correct.
- Note: A NCOA Acknowledgement window will open if your Data Health Center is up to date, which can be checked by going to the Web Services module. Click OK.
8. In the Save Static Query window Input/Select preferences for records with exceptions > Click Save.
9. The PhoneFinder Export Control Report can be previewed and exported by clicking the White Envelope with a Red Arrow icon or the Export Report icon at the top of your window depending on your version of RE once the report appears.
10. Click the "X" icon at the top right once you are finished with the Export Control Report to complete the submission process.
- Note: If you do not exit out of the report your data will not be submitted.
For the UK or Canadian version of The Raiser's Edge versions 7.50 - 7.80 or NON-RE files:
1. Create a query of the constituents to include in the screening
- Note: All records need to have a name and at least one address line. We recommend running an AddressFinder screening prior to this service so that all addresses are current and in a standardized format.
Preferred Address Line 1
Preferred Address Line 2
Preferred Zip Code
Constituent Import ID (Unique Identifier)
Address Import ID
Preferred Phone Number
3.Transfer the file to our FTP site
4. Email email@example.com when the file has been successfully transferred. Provide your Site ID and the name of the service that you would like your records to be screened for (PhoneFinder.)
Below is a video that you can follow along with that will walk you through the submission process for PhoneFinder.