The Regenerate Import IDs plug-in regenerates import IDs in the database for the selected tables. Please note that any import files that you have containing import IDs for these tables will now be invalid because the import IDs will be regenerated.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- Save the EXE file to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed.
- Double-click the EXE file.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains dobRegenImportIDs.vdb and RegenImportIDs.dll.
- Register RegenImportIDs.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Regenerate Import ID's link.
- Follow the prompts.