- Make a backup copy of the version 8.5 reports (reports converted to XI cannot be converted back to 8.5)
- Open the 8.5 version Crystal Report file in The Crystal Report XI application
- Select Database > Database Expert
- Select the Links tab
- Click Clear Links to remove ALL the links between the tables (click YES if a warning popup displays).
- Click Auto-Arrange then Link to re-link the tables.
- The table joins will now default to an Inner join. Double click each link (black lines between the tables) and change each table join to the Left Outer Join type.
- Click OK on the Database Expert window to close it.
- Select Database > Verify Database. If there is any issue, a screen pops up that lists the first issue that needs to be corrected. Make the correction and verify the database again. If there is a second issue, a screen pops up to indicate the second issue. Correct it. Repeat this process until all database issues are corrected.
- Save the report (at this point the 8.5 version will be converted automatically to the XI version).
- If the report includes subreports, open each subreport and repeat steps 3 to 9 for each subreport.
- Save the report.
Note: If we created the custom report for you, contact Support and reference this article.
We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist in implementing the solutions on these websites.