- The Recurring Gift record is the master or template record of the commitment. It notes the promised amount, fund, the schedule, and stores the credit card / direct debit if applicable. There is no actual money on this record, so the Recurring Gift record does NOT post to the General Ledger.
- The actual money / payments for a Recurring Gift are recorded as Recurring Gift Pay-Cash in The Raiser's Edge. These records are for the actual payments, so Recurring Gift Pay-Cash can post to the General Ledger.
- For more details, look on a fund record's GL Distribution tab.There is a line for Recurring Pay - Cash (which is for the Recurring Gift Pay-Cash gift type) that defines a debit and credit account. But there is no line for just a Recurring Gift record.
- If you need to be able to post a giving commitment as an asset/receivable, use a Pledge gift type instead that can be posted. Look for the Pledge Current and Pledge Future gift types on the fund's GL Distribution tab to define that.
- For additional information, please refer to What debit and credit accounts are used for funds and campaigns when posting to the General Ledger?