There are three FTP transfer options which use a 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standards (AES) transfer encryption.
- Web-based Secure FTP (SFTP) for files 1.18 GB (1,237,319 KB) or less.
- Select the link for Web-Based Secure FTP. A new tab/window will open.
- Enter your FTP username and password (found on the previous tab/window, which is still open).
- To retrieve a file, check the box next to the file and select the Download Files button.
- Mozilla Firefox (FireFTP) for files 2.0 GB or less.
- Third-party FTP Software for files larger than 2.0 GB but less than 100 GB.
- NOTE: Username and password must be manually typed in to access the FTP folder
If you need to send small files (screenshots, jpgs, or spreadsheets less than 10 MB) for a Customer Support case, you can easily attach files when viewing your case on Case Central.
If you are not a customer, you may transfer and retrieve files using the Non-support FTP instructions.
Note: If you experience any difficulties transferring your file, review FTP window does not open.
Preparing your file or data to send:
When sending non-database files to Blackbaud, place them in a single, password-protected ZIP file. If you are sending databases, each database must be placed in an individual ZIP file. The ZIP file should be encrypted with at least a 256-bit key; AES-256 is recommended.
If you need to send data, create the file by backing up the database.
Note: For very large files (example 100+G files), you may need to use something like WinRar to split the files in to smaller files to send via FTP or you can save them to an external hard drive and Federal Express the drive to us.