The Tribute optional module allows you to effectively create and manage honor/memorial records in the database, as well as track any donations made on behalf of that tribute record. By correctly entering the tribute and donation data, you can easily report on the progress of the honor/memorial.
Note: If you do not have the Tribute module, contact your account manager.
Setting Up the Tribute
- If the honor/memorial is not already a constituent in your database, you must add a constituent record for the honor/memorial. Note: In The Raiser's Edge, you can designate organization records as honor/memorials.
- Select the Honor/Memorial tab and mark the Constituent is an honor/memorial checkbox.
- Click New Tribute on the action bar.
- Select the Tribute type. Some examples of tribute types are "For The Birth Of," In Memory Of," "In Celebration Of," and "For The Scholarship Of."
- Description is a free-form text field that allows you to further define the tribute. You can include the description in Honor/Memorial Acknowledgement letters and other areas of the program so you should enter it as you want it displayed.
- You can enter a Date from and Date to to specify the duration for accepting gifts for this honor/memorial.
- Enter any additional information in the Notes box.
- If you are adding an acknowledgee, add the acknowledgee as a relationship. On the General 2 tab on the relationship record, mark the Acknowledge this individual for hon/mem gifts for the relationship. When this option is marked, the acknowledgee automatically populates on new tributes created from the Honor/Memorial tab on the honor/memorial's constituent record.
- Mark the Gifts may be given to this tribute checkbox. If this checkbox is unmarked, no gifts can be associated with the tribute.
Adding an Honor/Memorial Gift
- From the Constituent Record:
- Open the donor's constituent record and select the Gifts tab, or select a new gift record and search for the donor.
- On the gift screen, add the necessary information about the donor's gift.
- Select the Tribute tab.
- On the action bar, click New Tribute to designate this gift to the honoree. The New Tribute Gift screen appears.
- In the Honor/Memorial field, click the binoculars to search for the honor/memorial record. The Open screen appears. Enter the honor/memorial name and click Find Now.
Note: Although you can add a new tribute by clicking the icon in the Tribute field, we recommend adding a new tribute from the honor/memorial's constituent record so a duplicate tribute is not created.
- The tribute's name should now appear in the Honor/Memorial field. All defaults from the Honor/Memorial tab of the honor/memorial's constituent record appear on the New Tribute Gift screen.
- In the Acknowledge field, you can accept the default, "Not Acknowledged," to indicate you have not sent letters to the honor/memorial acknowledgees. You can also select Acknowledged or Do Not Acknowledge.
- In the Acknowledgees grid, leave the checkmarks in the Ackn? Column next to the acknowledgees to indicate you want to notify them that the donor gave a gift.
- Click Save and Close on the toolbar. You return to the Tribute tab on the donor's gift record. The honor/memorial appears in the grid.
- To save and close the donor's gift record, click Save and Close on the toolbar.
- From a Batch:
- In the batch, place the cursor on the row of the gift to be linked to a tribute.
- Select Gift, Tribute from the menu bar.
- Click New Tribute.
- In the Honor/Memorial field, click the binoculars button and browse for and select the appropriate honor/memorial record.
- Enter the appropriate information in the Tribute, Tribute Type and Acknowledge fields.
- To add an acknowledgee for the tribute, click the binoculars in the Acknowledgees section to search for relationships or add a new acknowledgee.
- Click Save and Close.
- Click Close.
Need help? Take the online course Managing Tributes.
For more information, review the documentation: