- Create a new constituent query. The format can be dynamic or static.
- On the Criteria tab, add a filter looking for constituents with no gifts, such as First Gift > Gift Date blank. (A constituent with no gifts has no first gift, so that gift date does not exist or is blank.)
- On the Output tab, add fields to review the names, such as Constituent > Name.
- Click the Results tab to view the names.
NOTE: Using the Summary Total Number of Gifts does not work as if a constituent has made a pledge at one point, then wrote that pledge off, it will still show up as having made a gift.
Another way you can do this is using the Non-contributors Report:
- Create a new Non-Contributors Report, one of the Analytical Reports.
- On the General tab, include all records or a selected query of constituents.
- On the General tab, enter a date range if needed. This is the range during
- which contributions are not made. If you leave the date fields blank, the report considers all dates.
- Include all or selected campaigns, funds and appeals on the Filters tab.
- Select to create an output query by marking the Create output query checkbox on the General tab.
- Preview the report, and name the output query when prompted.