Friendly URLs in NetCommunity can be setup using a directory, using the main website's domain. Example:
Main domain: www.mysite.org
A friendly URL is customizing the directory portion of the URL and redirecting it to a different page. If you want to completely replace the long URL with a short URL for a specific page.
You can redirect the friendly URL to an existing page on the NetCommunity website or to an external URL.
To setup a friendly URL:
- Log in to the NetCommunity website
- Navigate to Site Explorer>Friendly URLs
- Click New URL
- Under Friendly URL, enter the directory you'd like to use and click Check Availability. If you receive a Success message, continue with the steps
- Under Target, select the radio button for Select Page, if you're redirecting to a page on the NetCommunity website, or Enter URL if you're redirecting to an external URL or possibly for a URL that isn't a NetCommunity, like a document
- When finished, click Save
Note: friendly URLs must be added one at a time.
If you want to chag I change my Site URL in Blackbaud NetCommunity?