**Before updating, it is CRITICAL that you review the following information and share with other users within your organization (What to consider before updating to The Raiser's Edge 7.96).**
For more information on the new features and enhancement, see What's new in The Raiser's Edge
Downloading The Raiser's Edge
- Click the download EXE for the first time for the organization
- The Terms and Conditions page appears
- After carefully reviewing the Terms and Conditions, select I accept.
- Note: If your organization already uses the Blackbaud Payment Service, the download begins automatically and you don't need to register again.
- When I accept is selected, You are connected to the Blackbaud Payment Service (BBPS) server. If you receive the error - Service Unavailable, refer to Knowledgebase article 53311. Important notes regarding this information:
- Your username cannot be longer than 20 characters.
- Your password must contain at least 12 characters and include at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, one number, and one special character such as @, #, $.
- Note your user name and password and store this information in a secure place. After updating The Raiser's Edge, the first user who logs into the database will be prompted to enter your organization's BBPS user name and password.
- Mark the 'Generate reference code' checkbox only if your organization uses ICVerify to authorize credit cards. Note the code provided, and store this information in a secure place. When the first user logs into the database, he will need to enter the reference code in addition to your organization's BBPS login. NOTE: Blackbaud ended support for ICVerify on July 15, 2011.
- If your organization does not use ICVerify, click Next to continue. Refer to Error: Invalid user name or password - when creating a Blackbaud Payment Service (BBPS) account for any error messages or questions on this step.
- You will be redirected to the download file to proceed with downloading the Raiser’s Edge. The following content is placed on the download pages:
Accepted Payment Application Data Security Standards (PA-DSS) Terms and Conditions, accepted by [Customer Name] on [Date] and [Time], and
Accepted Blackbaud Payment Service (BBPS) Terms and Conditions, accepted by [Customer Name] on [Date] and [Time].
Installing The Raiser's Edge (and if applicable, update existing data)If you declined by mistake, register with BBPS .
- Review the installation instructions and update the server using the files downloaded above. The workstations will be updated by running setup.exe in the appropriate Deploy folder.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- The first user to log into the database for the first time after running the update receives a prompt that indicates 'Database Update Required'. Click Yes to that prompt. NOTE: If you are upgrading from 7.91, your update should be complete and you can skip the remaining steps.
- At the prompt for whether or not you have chosen to use BBPS,you can select Yes or No.
- If No is selected, The Raiser’s Edge truncates all credit card numbers in the database. After the conversion, the first 12 digits of credit card numbers appear as question marks, with only the last four digits of the card number visible
- If Yes is selected, The Raiser’s Edge transfers the credit card data to BBPS. At this time, the BBPS login and password created in step 3c above should be entered before proceeding. In addition, the ICVerify security token from step 3 should be entered, if applicable.
- Click OK to continue with the update
- At the prompt 'Is this a test conversion', indicate whether the update you are running is intended for temporary and/or testing purposes only, or if it is a live update (Error: Is this a test conversion?).
- If Yes is selected, The Raiser's Edge will flag your credit card data as test, and remove it from BBPS after 14 days.
- If No is selected, all credit card data will be uploaded to BBPS and will remain on BBPS until expiration or manual removal.
- Familiarize all users with the password changes for Raiser's Edge 7.91, as each user will be affected by these changes upon login.