This error typically means the connection to the Raiser's Edge Web Server has been lost. Usually, the error is temporary and may resolve itself within a few minutes.
If the error is persistent:
- Blackbaud Hosts both NetCommunity and Raiser's Edge - the error may present when first logging into Blackbaud NetCommunity due to the application pools starting but will resolve itself after a few minutes. If the error persists more than a couple minutes, chat with support.
- Blackbaud Hosts NetCommunity and your organization hosts Raiser's Edge, or your organization hosts both NetCommunity and Raiser's Edge - contact your IT department for further assistance on the Raiser's Edge Web Server. See Error: The operation has timed out - RE7 WS Ping for more information.
If this error happens while refreshing a query based list:
In order for the query to process more efficiently, try the following:
- Change the query from dynamic to static
- Remove all sort and output fields
- Avoid the use of negative operators if possible
- If the above options do not resolve the issue, recreate the query