To search for an individual transaction using Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS):
- Log into the BBMS Web Portal https://bbms.blackbaud.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
- Go to the top navigation bar and select the Transaction tab > Transaction Search
- Enter the date of the transaction, account holder or amount in the search field
- Click Search
- The transaction was Approved OR the transaction was Declined. To confirm additional details of these transaction: Click the ellipses > Details of any transaction item from the list to see additional details such as the gateway result code or decline code.
- The transaction does not appear. If so, the transaction was not processed through BBMS.
To check the status of a batch (credit card or direct debit) using Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS):
- Log into BBMS: https://bbms.blackbaud.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
- Go to the top navigation bar and select the Transactions tab > Batch Search
- Enter the date the batch was submitted or a date range to search for batch information
- Choose to filter by credit card batch or direct debit batch (optional)
- Click Search
- Gateway processing – the batch is currently processing
- Completed – batch is completed with all items returned with authorization or rejection codes
- Completed with errors – batch results contains items with validation or processing errors
To review the batch contents in detail:
- Click the ellipses of the batch line item to view the individual transactions
- Ellipses > Details of any item to see additional transaction details such as gateway result code or decline code
If BBMS is not being used to process transactions, each Gateway provides a tool of their own to check the status of transactions.
If you are receiving errors within your application when processing the payment, not within BBMS, please click Chat with Support.