Overview:This method connects the Microsoft Outlook Client in Blackbaud Hosting Services to your organization's Microsoft Exchange Server through the RPC over HTTPS protocol. Users will have full integration features, such as access to their personal profile, contacts, and calendars.
- You must have your system administrator enable Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTPS) on your Exchange Server
- You must have a SSL certificate from a trusted certificate authority
- Outlook Anywhere is not the same as Outlook Web Access (OWA), which allows you to access your Exchange Server through a Web Browser
- Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist in implementing the solution on these websites.
Note: If your data is located in the Blackbaud SKY environment, this will specifically use SMTP Relay functionality only and not Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTPS),
- Have your system administrator run the Microsoft Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer to test Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTPS) connectivity (without using AutoDiscover).
Note: For help running the Connectivity Analyzer, please refer to How to run the Microsoft Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer.
- Once this test is successful, Click Chat with Support and provide the following information:
- One users's organization email address
- Your organization's RPC proxy server URL
- Your organization's internal and external Microsoft Exchange server name
- The authentication method being used on your exchange server: Basic or NTLM
- The version of Microsoft Outlook Exchange your organization is using (i.e. Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010, or 2013)
- The results from the Microsoft Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer (without using AutoDiscover)
- After Blackbaud has confirmed the integration has been enabled, each user must configure their Outlook account before they can use RPC over HTTPS in Microsoft Outlook.