- Once you have been notified that the files are completed, download the files from FTP into a location you can easily remember, such as your desktop, and unzip the files. The zip file contains a summary report and a data file (EDQ_Importfile.txt) DO NOT OPEN the importfile.txt document, this could result in reformatting the results.
- Create two Constituent Attributes with the following descriptions and data types and mark the Attribute as Active:
Description Data Type Deceased Text AddressFinderPro Text
- Import the updated information:
- Click Administration, Import
- Under Constituent, select Constituent
- On the General tab, select:
- What do you want to do?: Update existing records
- Options: Validate Data Only, Create new table entries
- What file do you wish to import: Browse to and select the TXT file downloaded in step one
- How do you want the system to identify existing constituents?: Use the Import ID
- What is the format of this import file?: Delimited
- Leave the File Layout tab set to the defaults
- On the Fields tab, ensure all fields and extensions are mapped correctly
Note: It is important to ensure the extensions for the attribute fields are mapped correctly. If they are not, exceptions will occur when importing the data file.
- On the Summary tab, select:
- Create exception file of records not updated/imported: Name the file C:\Exceptions.txt
- Create an output query of the records imported
- Create control report: Preview
- Click Validate Now to validate the import
- If there are no exceptions, unmark 'Validate data Only' on the General tab and click 'Update Now' to import the updated information. If you marked to create one, the Control Report will appear on the screen when the import is completed.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.