If your software is hosted by Blackbaud Hosting Services, please Contact Support and reference this article. Include the four-digit number you would like the EFT File Number changed to.
If your software is not hosted by Blackbaud, please follow the steps below:
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: This plug-in is compatible with The Raiser's Edge version 7.61 and higher. This plug-in allows the user to reset the File Creation number for direct debit files in Batch. This can be any 4-digit number. The numbers will continue to grow by one in the back end unless reset again. After 9999, the number will automatically be reset to 0001.
To run the plug-in, follow these steps:
- Have all other users log out of The Raiser's Edge 7
- Download EFTFILENUM.EXE
- Save EFTFileNum.exe to the local harddrive of any Raiser's Edge 7 workstation
- Double-click EFTFileNum.exe
- When prompted, unzip the file into the \RE7\Plugins folder on the workstation. EFTFileNum.exe is a self-extracting zip file that contains the plug-in file: UpdateEFTFileNum.dll.
- Register UpdateEFTFileNum.dll on the workstation.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge 7
- Click Plug-Ins from the Raiser's Edge Bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears
- Select Update EFT File Creation Number.