If data appears in the custom field you want to delete, manually remove the data from the user's contact card first. You can create a list to view which users have the field populated.
To create a list that displays information populated in custom Publishable Fields:
- Go to an application persona (ex: Core).
- Analysis > Lists
- Manage Basic and Advanced Lists
- Select Lists Templates.
- From the Template Category drop down, select Constituent Information.
- Navigate to page 2 of the list templates.
- Click View/Copy for List: Users With School Defined Fields.
- Enter a Name for the list.
- Click Save.
- Click Preview in the bottom-right to view the list results.
After you remove the data from all user contact cards, then you can delete the custom field.
To delete a custom field:
- Go to Core > Settings > Custom Fields.
- Under Publishable Fields, delete the text in the Field Name. This deletes the field.