With the card reader plugged into your smart phone or tablet and currently on the screen to 'Swipe or enter card':
- Reduce the volume settings on the smart phone or tablet so it is not on full
- Swipe a card through the MobilePay card swipe reader ensuring the magnetic stripe is facing the large side of the reader
If the error persists, please review the following attempting to swipe a credit card after each step:
- If you have more than one Blackbaud MobilePay reader, try a different reader on the affected device. (Likewise, try the affected reader on another device setup for MobilePay.)
- Hold the reader in place to ensure it does not twist while the card is being swiped.
- If an adapter or dongle is being used to connect the reader to the device, try a different a different adapter/dongle if available on the affected device. This should be an adapter from the phone's manufacturer, third party adapters may not work correctly.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Blackbaud MobilePay app on the device.